Welcoming a new puppy into your family is an exciting time, but it can also bring up many questions and concerns. All of us here at Parkview Pet Clinic are here to support and provide you with all of the puppy care, guidance and information you need to ensure that your new puppy grows up healthy and strong.
- Our puppy wellness exams include:
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Development of a vaccination program based on your puppy’s lifestyle
- Screening and recommendations for preventing external parasite such as flea and ticks
- Screening and recommendations for preventing intestinal parasites
- Heartworm prevention
- Behavior and housetraining recommendations
- Nutritional counseling
Vaccination Schedule for Puppies
In addition to the core set of vaccinations that will keep your pet healthy, our veterinarians will create a vaccine schedule that fits your puppy’s needs and lifestyle. Without proper vaccinations, your puppy is at risk of contracting one of several possibly fatal infectious diseases, most of which can be prevented with routine vaccinations. Vaccines are usually effective in more than 95% of pets vaccinated. Additionally, routinely vaccinating your dog or cat is often cheaper than paying for treating your sick pet later, and it reduces virus transmission in the pet population.
- DA2PP #1
- Deworm #1 (Roundworms, Hookworms, Common Intestinal Parasites)
- DA2PP #2
- Deworm #2
- Start heartworm and flea preventative
- DA2PP #3
- Bordetella #1 (Kennel Cough)
- Bordetella #2 (Kennel Cough)
DA2PP and bordatella vaccines are recommended annually after the first year. The first rabies vaccine is good for one year, thereafter it is good for three years.